Sunday, January 8, 2012

Introduction

Hi, welcome to my blog about various projects, tips and tricks and other goings-on around the workshop.

I have covered a lot of ground in the last few days since my first post titled Preamble.  First and most important, the name and purpose (theme) of this blog is decided.  I was going to create the blog space and figure out the topic, but it seems you have to already name it to create the blog.  During the past few years I have collected various photos and details about my favorite projects, as it was always my intention to document and share these.  Mainly, these projects fall into one of the following categories:
  • custom furniture design and construction
  • tools and workshop
  • scrap projects
  • DIY and home improvement
So with the major decisions out of the way, the ideas for my first entries are rapidly forming and my head is filled less with questions and more with purpose.  I have no clue what writing style that will develop but I guess that takes time and practice.  My own writings tend to be over-edited and (too?) concise, however I'm thinking this is exactly the wrong style for a blog forum.

I welcome comments and suggestions, especially from folks that are experienced bloggers.  But please be gentle with this n00b ;)  Also, leave me a note to say hi, pointers to other similar sites and even suggestions for future articles.

Here's looking forward to a fun and interactive adventure!
Around the Workshop
Andy Warner

Here is a sneak preview of my next article so as a teaser, can you tell me what this is in the photo below?

No comments:

Post a Comment